"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Friday, May 23, 2008

Nobody nose the trouble I've seen...

and her name is Amelia.



When Maria was younger, I thought that she got into trouble and did lots of strange things.

Now I know that she was a very good baby.

In the last week Amelia has fallen down the stairs (totally fine except for rug burn on the bridge of her nose), eaten copious amounts of sand and finger paint, and "discovered" the contents of her diaper and shared it with me.

I thought she'd slow down a bit after that list of accomplishments. But no, she had to top it all. Last night at dinner, she looked at me, rubbing her nose, and said, "Nose!"

Which I took to mean that she had a boogie in her nose. So, as any good mama would I looked in her nose only to discover... corn. Yep, she'd shoved it up there pretty far. Luckily, I have an assortment of tweezers and was able to retrieve said corn.

Being a mom is so much fun. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my goddaughter!

Helping keep her parents out of Purgatory for 19 months and counting...