"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Sunday, July 22, 2007

My first meme.

Ok, so Jim tagged me for this, and I'm going to do it. I just a little grumpy though that he tagged all those people that I would like to tag. So I'll just have to be creative and come up with some blogger friends and acquaintances, instead of in-person friends.

Anyhow, here are the rules: Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" about Jesus. Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.

I'm doing mine backwards... top ten list fashion:

5. His miracles: All those in the Bible, like the feeding of the five (four?) thousand, and walking on water. I especially like those in which He used everyday things to transmit grace and healing, like when He used spit and dirt to heal the blind man.

4. His birth and childhood: I really like to try to imagine what Jesus was like as a baby and a little boy. I like that He went through the these stages of life. I especially like talking about Jesus as a baby and as boy with my daughter. I think that it helps her to relate to Him, because she knows that Jesus was little once too.

3. His Mom: I have to admit that I really like Mary. I think that she provides such a wonderful example to us all of humility and devotion to Jesus. I like that Jesus was kind enough to share her with us.

2. His Church: I love that Jesus established a Church. One that the "gates of hell" will not prevail against. Having been raised a Methodist, and coming home to the Catholic Church in college, I appreciate a church with real authority.

1. His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity: I love the Eucharist. I love that Jesus gave Himself to us in such an awesome way. I know that I will never fully understand it, but I also know that I can't live without it.

Okay, now the tricky part, I tag the following blogs: Nestled in the Woods, Friends for the Journey, Inspired by a True Story, Minnesota Mom and Life in a Nutshell.

ed. Oct. 7, 2007. Nestled in the Woods no longer exists on Blogspot as the blog of a Catholic mom. It was taken over by someone else and the content is no longer acceptable for viewing. Sorry to anyone who followed the link.

No comments: