"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Run for Life 2008

This past Saturday was the Run for Life for A Baby's Breath, CPC. Jim and I went without the girls thanks to my in-laws who took them to a family event for the day.


Start of the 1 mile fun run.

Becky and her boyfriend came and ran. Becky was very excited that she beat him to the finish.

Jim got pulled into being a race marshal so he had to stand around waiting for slowpokes like me to finish. I ran/walked really fast/stopped to stretch (stupid shin splints) my way to the finish line in about 38 minutes, better than my best time so far.

And good enough to get me a second place medal (thanks to a lack of women in my age bracket). That beats Jim's surprise third place finish from last year. Not to brag or anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Congradulations on your 2nd place, It don't matter how many were in your bracket at least you made it across the finish line :)
Love Aunt Rosey

Jen said...

Finishing is a good thing indeed. Maybe next time I'll be able to keep up with Becky.... or maybe not.