"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Run for Life

This weekend marked the 8th annual Run for Life, benefiting A Baby's Breath Crisis Pregnancy Center. Jim and I walked the 5K with Amelia and Maria along for the ride in the stroller. It was a beautiful day for the race, unlike last year which was drizzly and cold. Still haven't heard the total amount collected for the center, but I'll post it when I find out. For anyone wishing to donate to ABB, check out the Angel Club link on the website.

The runners lining up for the start of the one mile "fun run." Hard to see in this pic, but this is where all the other people with strollers were. We had the only stroller in the 5K. Luckily for me, Jim did most of the pushing.

Maria and her "ladies." This group of girls came with a team, so they got matching t-shirts. Maria saw them standing in the field and went running over to them. When they asked her what her name was she said, "I'm two." Later while we were doing the 5K, Maria kept asking where her "ladies" were. She was very excited to find them again after the race.

This old barn and tractor were part of the scenery along the path. Jim really wanted to take the tractor home. I told him he could, if he was willing to push it.

Here's Jim doing the hard work of pushing the girls. I started out pushing them, but gave up after the first half-mile. Luckily, I had Jim to back me up.

Here's the biggest surprise of the day... Jim took third place in his age group! With a time of 53 minutes who'd have guessed that any of us would get a medal.

4 comments:

We The People said...

Come on. Were there, like, three people in his age group? Did the other competitors stop for Big Macs along the way?

Jen said...

Yep, there were three people in his age group. Maybe next year you could join in and get a medal of your own. Of course, I think there were more men YOUR AGE. :0

sunnyday said...

I've heard of Walk for Life but I didn't know there was a Run for Life, too. Glad to hear about events like this!

I found your blog via Dean Abbott's. Your kids are so cute =) and I got a kick out of reading about Maria and "her ladies".

Jen said...

Sunnyday,
I'm glad you enjoyed the pics of the girls. Maria is always making "friends" everywhere we go...it's hard to drag her away. And she's still talking about her "ladies".