"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Monday, April 14, 2008

First Socks?

Awhile back, I joined the Yarn Pirate Booty Club. Each month you get an exclusive club colorway of her hand-dyed sock yarn. It's really a lot of fun to receive yarn in the mail not knowing what the colors are going to be till you open it up. Kinda like getting a present.

Here's the March colorway, Emerald City. It's definitely my favorite so far. So I decided that I'd use it to make my first pair of socks.

However, getting the yarn from a hank to a center pull ball is much harder than I thought (and I expected some difficulty) if you don't have a yarn swift and ball winder. (And I don't...yet.)

It ended up in quite a tangle that took about a week to unknot. I do have it wound up now and have cast on for a gauge swatch. Don't have picture yet, but soon. Maybe once I'm done swatching and actually have progress on the sock.

No comments: