"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Religion: A Form of Abuse?

This article says so.

And I suppose that the author would exempt secular humanists from the proposed age restrictions for teaching religion to the young. And what of Atheism, Confucianism, and Taoism? Are they religions? Or just philosophies?

And what of public education of children? Isn't it just the teacher deciding what the student should and shouldn't learn? Isn't that indoctrination? Couldn't that be considered abusive? Don't most teachers require unquestioning acceptance of their teachings?

"1+1= 2," says the teacher.

"I don't think so, I think 1+1=4," say Johnny.

"No, that's wrong," says the teacher.

See what I mean, very abusive.

Further, schools are violent places. Just look how many school shootings there have been. Surely this proves the point that its abusive to send children to school. They are told what to wear, what to think, what to believe and so they become violent. And by watching the violence of others, they are taught violence. So I think we should ban all schools.


HT: Matthew S at Catholic Dads

No comments: