"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Monday, June 11, 2007

Growing up.

I always amazes me how the little things during an ordinary day can affect you. For example, today, Maria said grace at breakfast and at lunch right along with me. Now she's been able to say it for awhile, but she's never actually said it out loud with me. Usually she just whispers it, or doesn't say anything at all.

But today she said it out loud, along with me. And I couldn't help but think how fast the time goes and how much she has grown up already. And I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes, to see her innocence and joy at accomplishing such a simple thing as a prayer.

I said a prayer of my own at that moment. That she would always find joy in simple prayers, and that she would carry her childlike faith into the rest of her life.