"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Moving in the Right Direction


Okay, so I'm a little behind in my reading, but I just read
this article from last week's Catholic Standard and Times. I was soo excited to learn that they have moved the tabernacle to it's proper place behind the main altar at Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral (in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia).

The description makes me want to go and see it for myself. Mini-pilgrimage anyone?

Here's an excerpt from the article:

The Cardinal was clearly moved by the event. In his homily, he told the Cathedral’s parishioners, "Our hearts are filled with joy to celebrate this great event, and once again in a very special way to express our faith in the Real Presence of Jesus in the tabernacle. ...[W]e honor the presence of Christ truly and substantially in the Eucharist which we have enthroned in this beautiful new tabernacle that expresses our holy Catholic faith."

We're so blessed to have this man as our shepherd. Clearly, he has a great love for Jesus in the Eucharist, and desires to cultivate that love in all his flock.

Let's all pray that pastors in the Archdiocese may follow his lead and move Jesus back to the center of our churches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so funny, I saw the article and thought, 'gee what was wrong with the old tabernacle?' It never dawned on me that they moved it back where it belongs. Lovely!