"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Thursday, March 1, 2007

More on the (phony) tomb of Jesus

I was just over at Jimmy Akin's site and found this link in the comments section. Since Jimmy is going to put together a post on the subject soon I'll sit back and wait for it, rather than trying to explain/debunk the 'documentary' myself.

I will say this however, on the site (the only part that I read so far) they claim that their film in no way contradicts Jesus' resurrection or ascension. They use spurious theology to defend themselves, saying for example that if they have found Jesus' physical remains, then it only contradicts a physical ascension, but not a spiritual one. However, Jesus' physical resurrection and ascension are non-negotiable tenets of the Christian faith. Just look at the Nicene Creed, "I believe in... the resurrection of the body." Serious Christians would not be swayed by such "logic", but I worry what effect it will have on those whose faith is not as strong or reasoned.

I can only pray that this "documentary" does not gain enough popularity to draw people away from the faith.

No comments: