"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Who's teaching who?

Today at lunch Maria and I had the following conversation:

Me: "Maria make sure you eat that chicken."

Maria: (looking at the plate of chicken) "Oh, no! Me fegot pay."

She then precedes to place a hand on her head, getting peanut butter everywhere.

Me: "Maria, stop, what are you doing! Don't wipe peanut butter in your hair!"

pause... Maria staring at me with wide eyes hand still poised just above her head...

Maria: "In name da fadder..."

Me: "Oh, OH!... Yes, Maria we forgot to pray before we started eating...Let's do it now, but first let me wipe off that hand..."

It's after a scene like this that I have to ask myself, who's teaching who here? It's pretty humbling to have your child remind you to pray. But isn't that what is supposed to happen in a family...each one in his or her own way working together to help the others reach heaven, with even the littlest ones playing a role.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite an amusing blog you have here. Your husband is a lucky man.

Anonymous said...

Hehe - Jim