"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dinner conversation

When we all get a chance to eat dinner together (i.e. when I'm not in the living room nursing Amelia), we try to have pleasant conversation and we always try to get Maria involved. We usually turn to her and ask, "So, how was your day?" or "Tell Daddy what we did today." So recently she has been turning to us and asking, "So how day?" It's really very cute and I'm glad that she wants to be involved in our conversation.

Like tonight, she was obviously listening as I told Jim about a dream that I had last night. I had dreamt about eating a large plate of chocolate chip cookies (can anyone tell I'm trying to lose weight). Maria got a funny look on her face and said, "Chocolate chips?".

So I said to her, "Yes, Maria, mommy was dreaming about chocolate chip cookies last night... I was thinking about cookies in my sleep. What do you think about when you're asleep?"

To which Maria answered, "I wake-up."

Hmm... yes, Maria you wake-up. Glad I asked.

No comments: