"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Friday, January 19, 2007

Starting Solids...

So this morning, I was getting breakfast for myself and Amelia was fussing in her bouncy seat. Maria was running around underfoot, eating a "cookie" - really a cereal bar. So as I often do to buy myself a little more time before Amelia really starts to wail, I told Maria, "Go talk to baby Amelia, she's lonely." Away Maria runs... "Ah, good!," I think, as I hear Amelia calm down and stop crying. Then Maria comes running back into the kitchen. "Mommy, Mommy! Baby Mee-ya like cookie!"

"WHAT!" "oh no!"

I ran into the living room to find Amelia, smiling up at me from her bouncy seat, with drooly cookie crumbs trailing down her face... Quickly, I did a sweep of her mouth to make sure there were no large pieces for her to choke on. Finding nothing I breathed a sigh of relief, and couldn't help but laugh a little as Maria came into the room, insisting "Baby Mee-ya like cookie!"

No comments: