"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Friday, July 24, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday.

Ok, I've been too lazy to do this before, but since it seems that there may be a prize come Monday, then I'm in for today. If I can think of 7 random things, and if I actually have a chance to write them, with three little ones, and 80 different chores to do.

1. It's amazing what a little paint will do. We're trying to get our house ready to go on the market but then end of this month, so my brother-in-law has been coming over to help us paint. (I know, we've got great family.) Yesterday, he finished up the linen closet door and rehung it. It brightened up the hallway so much that I'm almost rethinking my decision to stain the new pine doors. If I didn't have two of them done already, I might just do it. As it is, I want to paint all the "core" doors on the closets, but Jim doesn't like it when I add to the list.

2. Trying to do anything substantial with a one month old is pretty much impossible. I'm still trying. Yesterday, my MIL had the girls, so Joshua and I went to the Lowes and Target. Since's he's nursing every 2-3 hours this makes for and interesting time. While waiting for the blinds to be cut, he got hungry. The binky sorta works to keep him calm... but only if I hold it in for him. This makes pushing the cart difficult. One thing that makes the trips easier is having the van, there's so much more room to relax and nurse. I'm thinking of getting a sign that says, "Don't look now! Breastfeeding in progress," just to post on the front and warn passerby who become overconcerned that the engine is running and decide to peer in to make sure someone's there.

3. I'm thinking about starting a lending library. I've already packed up about 7 boxes of books, and have probably about a dozen or so more to go, if I were packing them all now. Many of these I have not read... I pick up used books at yard sales, flea market and the library's sale, so that's where a lot of the unread ones came from. I also have a habit of buying books from conferences and retreats that I attend. Those are another chunk of unread ones. I'm thinking that if I take the time to catalog all my books, then when I want to read something, I'll be able to easily look it up. Also, my friends will be able to come over and browse the collection, then check one out... this way I'll know who took my book. Ideally, when we move, we'll have a room just for the books... I suspect this will only happen if we win the lottery before we buy the next house though.

4. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if my "quick takes" are too long. I have a habit of rambling when I tell stories. My mom used to say that I was "writing a book," everytime I wanted to explain something that had happened to me. I like to think of this as being detail oriented... something I can put on my resume should I ever need to return to work.

5. I've had my first failed attempt at leaving the house for today. I had the girls ready, Joshua "packed" in his car carrier and was almost out the door, before I remembered that my sister will be dropping of boxes today. I wouldn't have made it back in time to be here when she arrived, so now we're all having a snack and waiting. I'll make another attempt later... before lunch and naptime comes, if I can muster up that my energy again.

6. I want to know why it is that both girls must try to talk to me at the same time. There will be minutes of silence, then both of them talking at me at the same time. It makes my brain want to explode. Often Joshua will be crying at the same time, usually when both of the girls "urgently" need my attention. When I try to get them to talk one at a time, I just add to the noise, since the fact that I'm speaking doesn't prompt them to stop and listen. I'll take any advice on how to fix this.

7. This is what happens when "boy toys" are introduced into the home of girly girls.



The princesses pile-in for a joy ride.

No comments: