"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter 2009

We stayed down here this year. I think it's the first time that we've made it to Easter Services at our own church. It was a nice weekend, thought we did miss seeing everyone in Central PA.

Here's a play by play of the weekend (more or less).

After we got the kids down I changed up the buffet. Meaning I cleaned it off and set out the flowers I'd hidden downstairs.

Easter baskets filled.

Easter morning: sleepy but excited.


I'm happy to say that the first thing that the girls noticed was that I'd reset the prayer table... Jesus on the cross - gone, replaced by a Sacred Heart statue. Pretty candle holders and a white doily to "re-dress" the formerly stripped down table.

Once prompted Maria spotted the baskets.

I think they were happy with the contents.

Breakfast, complete with Empty Tomb rolls.

An after breakfast snack - one expensive duck (from Harry and David's - yay coupons).

Family portraits at Westover - courtesy of Uncle David.


Later, after a second round of desserts, an Easter egg hunt. I missed it... completely felled by the mass quantities of desserts, I had a nice nap on the couch.




Afterward, the girls posed with their haul, showing off their make-shift shoes - plastic baggies rubber-banded over their socks. We forgot to bring play shoes, and the dress shoes needed to stay nice for Aunt Becky's wedding. Also, I think Maria's sugar high just wore off.

Easter Monday: Operation Dye Eggs without Dyeing Kids (or anything else).

We used crayons on most of the eggs first. This proved too much for Amelia - several eggs were lost in the process. Fortunately, I was planning on pickling a few anyway.

The pretty results.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi - I saw your comment (about Obama's burger) on Barbara's Mommy Life blog, and stopped by to see yours.

Looks like you had a beautiful, prayerful, meaningful Easter! I love that your Easter baskets look like ours do - candy, of course, but also religious items. Keep the focus where it belongs.

I noticed you are also from PA - we refer to where I live as central PA, not too far from where interstates 80 and 81 intersect.

SOAP for your family as you come to the end of your pregnancy. I bet those little girls can hardly wait!

Sincerely,
Michele, Mom of 8 in PA

Jen said...

Michelle,
Thanks for checking out my blog, and for your kind words. The girls are very excited for the new little one to arrive.

I grew up in Centre county, just north of I-80. Now we're all down here near my husband's family, outside of Phili.

I always enjoy chatting with other mommies from PA. Unfortunately I don't have much time for it with two little one running around and me trying to get things organized for the new arrival.

Stop by anytime. I anticipate having more blogging time soon, and I'm planning to post more frequently.

Jen