"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What Maria's been doing....

What with all the excitement of summer, I haven't had a chance to post an update on Maria. Somewhere around the beginning of the summer, maybe early June or something, she drew her first ever stick person.

It's Amelia with one blue eye and one yellow eye, brandishing a spoon. I'm so proud.

Then more recently, while Jim was working at the computer, she reached over and wrote her name on the white board next to him, all be herself (except for a little help with the letter r).
I'd only had her practice tracing it three or four times, months ago. I think homeschooling just might work out. :)

She also moved into her very own big girl bed. And she stays the whole night.

(At least she did until recently when she decided that if I don't kiss her goodnight when I come home from A Baby's Breath, and if she doesn't wake up when I'm kissing her goodnight, then it's important to come in at 4 am and ask for a kiss and a snuggle.)

At the CCL convention, she got her first face painting, a rainbow, which she didn't want to wash off and which stained her cheek red for days afterward. She also had her hair French Braided, for what will most likely be the 1st and last time, since I'm incompetent in the area of fancy hairstyles.

And although I don't have a picture of it she very much enjoyed catching her first lightening bug. She exalted afterwards, "Today is a very special day, because today, I caught my 1st lightening bug ever! I'm soo proud of me! Do-do-do-ta-do!"

Note: This post has been edited to cover up the author's stunning lack of proof reading.

No comments: