"For thus says the Lord: Lo, I will spread prosperity over her like a river, and the wealth of the nations like an overflowing torrent. As nurslings, you shall be carried in her arms, and fondled in her lap; As a mother comforts her son, so will I comfort you..." Isaiah 66:12-13

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Info on ProLife Search...

I decided to create a post with links to other sources of information about ProLife Search.

Here's some old stuff:
Jack Manhire's blogger profile. This has links to all the blogs that he created dealing with PLS and the Essential Catholic Classics.

Mortgage Market Dominator by Jack: here.

From the ProLife Search Blog several posts mentioning the board of advisors for PLS: here and here.

New(er) Stuff:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam had two posts, one with a rather lengthy comment thread. New Post. Older Post (with comments).

Catholic Answers Forum.
(You need to register to reply to the discussion, but anyone can view it.)

phatmass phorum. (Again register to add replies) - Two threads, here and here.

Steve Ray's Blog. The post is old, but the comments are new.

Me Monk. Me Meander.


Some more information:

Board of Advisers:
I found a partial? list of the board of advisers for PLS (see links above). Fr. John J. Blum is not at the parish linked on the blog post. I think that this is his current parish. I will be trying to contact him in the next few days.

I also found a link for Dr. Charles Rice's contact information. I may also try to contact him.

I did not find anything yet for Edward J. Adams, Jr.

All of these people were affiliated with the organization in some way in January of 2006. I don't know if they are still in contact with Jack or Joe, and I don't know if they know anything about the PLS site disappearing or the Essential Classics of Catholic Spirituality. I am only putting up this information as it may help us to get in touch with Jack or Joe and get this situation resolved.

Internet Crime Complaint Center:
An anonymous commenter at Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam suggested that anyone who ordered the books should report Jack and Joe to the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

At this point, I also believe this to be the best course of action.

If I find anything more I will post it.

Also, if anyone actually gets a refund, is able to get in touch with Jack or Joe, or had any other interesting info post a comment here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a thread on it at the rock and roll band's forum where PLS is redirected to now:

http://www.beachofstone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67155#post67155

From the Administrator there:

"For those of you who are wanting an explaination in regards to the domain prolifesearch.com... please read:

I do apologize you are being re-directed to this website. However, this is NOT my fault. I have NOT bought the domain, as lots of you have inquired of me. The people to blame for this problem is the host. My domain and prolifesearch.com are hosted by the same company, liquidweb. When I switched hosts recently, they put my site on the SAME IP address as prolifesearch.com. THAT is why you're being redirected to my site. I have since spoken to techs to try to fix this issue, and it should be rectified within 24-48 hours. Sorry for your inconvenience."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.